PrinciplesCEGITAL INC. manifests its commitment to privacy and data protection by embracing the following principles.
● CEGITAL INC. uses Personal Data lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner.
● CEGITAL INC. collects no more Personal Data than necessary, and only for a legitimate purpose.
● CEGITAL INC. retains no more data than necessary or for a longer period than needed.
● CEGITAL INC. protects Personal Data with appropriate security measures.
Data We CollectThis policy applies only to information collected on the Site. We collect two types of information from visitors to our websites:
1. Personal Data.
2. Non-personal Data.
“Personal Data” is information that identifies you personally and that you provide to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and sometimes your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We may collect this information when you create a profile on our Site, visit our Site, or complete a purchase.
“Non-personal Data” can be technical in nature. It does not identify you personally. Examples of non-Personal Data may include (but are not limited to) cookies, web beacons, and demographic information.
Usage DataTo improve your experience with our Site we may also collect information on how you navigate the Site, information about your connection, and the technical means you use to access our Site. This data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Location DataWe may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to improve and customize your shopping experience. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Site. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Data UseCEGITAL INC. uses the collected data for various purposes:
● To provide and maintain our service
● To notify you about changes in policies and order details
● To provide customer support
● To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site and services
● To monitor the propriety of Site usage
● To detect, prevent and address technical issues
● To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Data Storage, Transfer, and RetentionYour information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to and process it there.
We will hold on to your information for as long as you continue to be a CEGITAL INC. customer and for as long as we are required to keep it to ensure we meet our legal requirements across the globe.
Data AccessYour Personal Data is available and accessible only by those who need the data to accomplish the intended processing purpose. To the extent necessary, your Personal Data may be shared with suppliers and subcontractors (processors and sub-processors) carrying out certain tasks on CEGITAL INC.’s behalf and with independent third-parties, including, but not limited to, using personal information you share with us or that we indirectly collect to verify your identity and for fraud prevention purposes.
Data SecurityThe security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data DisclosureUnder certain circumstances, CEGITAL INC. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal RequirementCEGITAL INC. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
● To comply with a legal obligation
● To protect and defend the rights or property of CEGITAL INC.
● To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
● To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
● To protect against legal liability
Your Data Protection Rights
Right to accessYou have the right to request information about the Personal Data we hold on you at any time. You can contact CEGITAL INC. and we will provide you with your Personal Data via e-mail.
Right to portabilityWhenever CEGITAL INC. processes your Personal Data, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the Personal Data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectificationYou have the right to request rectification of your Personal Data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed.
Right to erasureYou have the right to erase any Personal Data processed by CEGITAL INC. at any time except for the following situations:
● you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
● you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
● you have an unsettled debt with CEGITAL INC., regardless of the payment method
● if you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
● your debt has been sold to a third party within the last three years or one year for deceased customers
● your credit application has been rejected within the last three months
● if you have made any purchase, we will keep your Personal Data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interestYou have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data that is based on CEGITAL INC.’s legitimate interest. CEGITAL INC. will not continue to process the Personal Data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Right to restrictionYou have the right to request that CEGITAL INC. restricts the process of your Personal Data under the following circumstances:
● if you object to processing CEGITAL INC.’s legitimate interest, CEGITAL INC. shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
● if you have claimed that your Personal Data is incorrect, CEGITAL INC. must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the Personal Data.
● if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of Personal Data and instead request the restriction of the use of your Personal Data instead
● if CEGITAL INC. no longer needs the Personal Data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.